What is the average life expectancy of my heating or cooling system?
- The industry average is 12-15 years.
Will a bigger system perform better?
- NO! Over sizing the furnace will cause air flow issues and create higher energy bills. Over sizing the A/C unit will also cause air flow issues and not dehumidify the house properly.
How do I know if I need a new heating or cooling system?
- Is the unit over 7 years old? Is the system having issues every year? Is the warranty expired? If you've answered yes to at least two of these questions, let's talk about updating your system. Constant mechanical problems tell us your system is not performing at its maximum efficiency.
What brands do you recommend?
- We proudly sell and install units from American Standard and Mitsubishi.
How often should I change my filter?
- 1 inch filters - every 3 months
- Media filters (4 in or bigger) - every 4-6 months
- Failure to change filters on a regular basis can cause air flow issues and could cause damage to the furnace.
How do I know what system would be right for my home?
- The proper size for a system for your home is based on a detailed calculation that factors in the size of the home, duct design, insulation, and tightness of the home.
Would it help my system to have the duct work cleaned?
- YES! Air flow is a big part of your system. Cleaning your duct system will clear debris and keep your home healthy. It is something we recommend with every system change out.
What brands of furnaces and A/C units do you service?
- We are qualified to service all HVAC equipment. Give us a call to discuss your needs.
Are service agreements worth the cost?
- Many furnace companies are beginning to cancel warranties on parts if you can’t show that you have serviced your system each year. Think of it this way - you wouldn’t drive your car for the lifetime of the vehicle and not change the oil. It's the same concept with your heating and cooling systems. You shouldn't operate your system and wait for something to fail. Protect your investment by staying on top of routine maintenance that can extend the average life expectancy and keep it operating at its full potential. Ask us about our annual service agreements.
Would a programmable thermostat help my energy costs?
- It’s a fact that programmable thermostats can save you money. They have the ability to heat and cool your home according to a schedule that you determine. The savings on your energy bill can be as high as 33% on heating costs and 15-25% on your cooling cost.
What does Indoor Air Quality mean?
- Indoor air quality is a big problem in our homes today. The construction standards have really increased over the years to provide homeowners a very well insulated and tight home. The problem now is that the home can't breathe. (They call this "sick home syndrome".) Your home needs to have fresh air to combat all of the gases that a normal house can omit. There are several products that can help solve these problems. Our team is always available for an onsite review and free estimate.